Records SMASHED at the Bay

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
ozeant
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Re: Records SMASHED at the Bay

Post by ozeant »

I agree ..... I just ordered another thousand of them..... I just wouldn't tell everyone on a public forum on the internet thing about it .... they might start using them :)

Cheers

Anthony
Curtley78
Political Advisor/Activist
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm08 AI

Post by Curtley78 »

Thanks Anthony. I will get in contact with him.

Yes Jeff, I concur in that we should be using Australian manufactured products and promoting them accordingly.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-33.964574,151.214256
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

Sean,
"records were smashed without the aide of a march scope"
I get the feeling your havin a go at march scopes,if so whats the gripe.???
Or is it that you cant afford one.??
Native
RDavies
.257 Roberts
Favourite Cartridge: 7 SAUM

Post by RDavies »

...and the records were smashed without the aid of a March scope...Well done for overcoming the great handicap. :D :shock:

Copperhead bullets have been well know in F Class for a while now, very popular. Good to hear he will be bringing out some 30 cal projectiles suitable for 1000yd soon.

Like I have always thought, give some top Aussies some top conditions, and records will be CLOSER to what is being shot overseas.
Wish I could have been there. Well done fellas.
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

Post by a.JR »

Hi all,, We will test the new 30 cal prototypes as soon as we can actually see a target .. Unless it rains this coming weekend we would only be testing the ability to see the spotting discs in the worst mirage period ever and i don't expect groups at 550 yds to be under 1.6ins if history is anything to go by .. The bullets measure just like the 103s for those that are interested .. At only 158 gns for the Flat Base in my 13.5 twist will be about 2.5ins too fast , i will slow them down to about 3500 to 3600 fps so they don't blow up and just see .. Others will test at approx 3200fps in a L/G..JR..Jeff Rogers
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

Gooday Rod, the Copperhead 158s are almost an exact replication of the BIB except they are a 100 thou shorter. First look at them has me very impressed just like i have been with his 103 6 mill bullets. All things being well i hope to shoot them this weekend at 500 meters out of the 30JAT. As JR said, they need a 15 or 16 twist for optimum performance, but the 14 i have should give us an idea.
singleshot
.17 HMR

Post by singleshot »

RDavies wrote:...and the records were smashed without the aid of a March scope...Well done for overcoming the great handicap. :D :shock:

Copperhead bullets have been well know in F Class for a while now, very popular. Good to hear he will be bringing out some 30 cal projectiles suitable for 1000yd soon.

Like I have always thought, give some top Aussies some top conditions, and records will be CLOSER to what is being shot overseas.
Wish I could have been there. Well done fellas.
Rod,

Ken assures me his 7mm projectile will become available when dies arrive etc. Can't wait.

Cameron
john mc
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x47

Post by john mc »

Hello all fly shooters

It was for sure a great shoot and Les and Anthony have something to be proud of those records are going to last a lot longer than the ones before
and i was also a winner on the day
my 500 m egg got scrambled well and truely
and thats no yolk
john mc :rifle: :rifle:
Deano 29
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Ackley

Post by Deano 29 »

lol @ John Mc, i like that one "no yolk"!!!

Sean, i read your comment regarding the March scopes and thought you no what i won't.......but f@#k it. Your right that a March was not used by either Les or Anthony ( les has one on his light gun) but after thinking about it i realised that there was a few ahead of you!! and one of those sat on top of a .308 with 155g sierras ( f std load ) used by a newby ( 2 fly shoots in total ) so i will leave it at that :D :shock:

all bullsh#t aside a great day and memorable for many reasons, thanks Les and Anthony for the lesson in fly shooting.

look forward to seeing you all again soon

Deano
macca
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 308/6br

Post by macca »

Well done deane that was a great score in your second fly.
I think the march and berger comments go back to the heated discussions after another fly shoot when a record was shot and someone commented about the bear and buckwheat.
cheers
Deano 29
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Ackley

Post by Deano 29 »

Macca,

Thanks mate, comes to to absorbing great info from the right people I believe, plenty of that I receive from you on a regular basis!!

I think I have an idea what you may be referring to....anyway still is what it is lol.

Cheer mate

Deano
Curtley78

Post by Curtley78 »

G'day Native,

Just stating the obvious. As for not affording one, I would rather invest my money into a Schmidt & Bender 12.5-50 X 56 which will be mid next year if all goes to plan.

Deano,

The rifle I shot had never been shot in a Fly match before it has, however been used in a 1000 yard match (not by me) and there has been very little load work done (no playing with seating depth, no tailoring loads to find the sweet spot-just a load straight from the ADI manual and I am not familiar with the rifle, it's the first time I had shot it in a comp, for a factory rifle I am more then satisfied with its performance taking into consideration that the first business target scored a 54.1. It is testament that one does not need a full custom rifle to be competitive and you can rest assured that the Savage will be back on the mound over the coming months to show you where the Bear shat in the Buckwheat.

Well done on your placing with the F Class rifle. The 155's are a neat projectile, the .308 is an inherently accurate caliber.

Regards

Sean

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-33.967387,151.208501
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

Post deleted because it really isnt worth it.!!
jimbo
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6 PPC

Post by jimbo »

Sean Ambrose wrote:G'day Native,

Just stating the obvious. As for not affording one, I would rather invest my money into a Schmidt & Bender 12.5-50 X 56 which will be mid next year if all goes to plan.

Just as a matter of interest, how much would you pay for the S&B?

We had a bloke down here that had a March 36-55x on his BR rimfire, and bought the S&B for his other BR rimfire. Then he discovered that the S&B only has 1/4 minute clicks. The S&B has a 34mm tube, but this guy was able to manufacture his own set of mounts for the Anschutz.
Optically they are about the same to my eyes, but I do wear glasses.
Curtley78

Post by Curtley78 »

G'day Brendan,

I've sourced a distributor in the States that can do me one direct without the interference of fortress Amerika and the required paperwork direct from Deutschland for $4500 US hopefully our Dollar will continue riding high in the saddle until I can gather the necessary funds.

Have a talk to your mate and if he's interested or is willing to offset some of his asking price with a trade then I'd be more then interested.

Regards

Sean

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-34.188845,150.988553