Potent on target at World Champs

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Potent on target at World Champs

Post by Rabbitz »

The 51st ISSF All Event World Championship are underway in Grenada, Spain.

Representing Australia in the finals of the 50 metre prone rifle event was Warren Potent. The 52 year old lives in Sydney and competes with the Legion Target Rifle Club..

Potent was the Olympic bronze medal winner in Beijing, and the gold medal winner at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games.

The qualifying round saw Potent easily qualify for the finals with a score of 629.9.

The finals series is a nerve wracking session where each shooter initially shoots two series of three shots with a maximum possible score of 32.7 for each series. Potent finished this first stage with 31.2 and 31.7 for a tally of 62.9 out of a possible 65.4. This placed him in equal second with Yury Shcherbatsevich (BLR), behind Sergey Kamenskiy (RUS).

The second part of the finals is an elimination match, where after each series of two shots a competitor was eliminated. This continues until there are only two competitors left on the shooting line. Gold and silver are decided with the next two shots.

Each shot has a maximum possible score of 10.9. Potent's final score of 210 placed him 1.4 points ahead of Daniel Brodmeier (GER) in the silver medal slot and 22 points clear of the bronze medal winner Shcherbatsevich.

The win saw Potent grab his first world title.

Speaking after his win Potent said "“Qualifications went good, I shot consistently right to the end... I just let it happen.”

When asked about the pressure of the finals “I was really relaxed, today, no pressure. How did I manage it? I am really old, I guess.” Potent said, with a smile on his face. “I am 52!”

“I am going for Rio, that was always in the plans. And after that we'll see.” He added.

Potent was awarded an Olympic quota place as a result of his world title, which means he really has his sights set in Rio 2016.
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Wby Magnum's :)

Re: Potent on target at World Champs

Post by dashooter »

Top shooting Wazza. Well done.
Last edited by dashooter on Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ol 55
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by Ol 55 »

Congratulations well done.

Ol 55
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Post by Rabbitz »

Looks like Catherine Skinner picked up Bronze in Women's Trap after surviving shoot-off's in qualifying and the semi's.
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

That man has the Potential to go a long way :lol: :lol:

Well done that man.
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

He's done well.