Brisbane Fly Shoot

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

G"Day All
Explained well, I would love to watch one of these events, where would I obtain a shoot calender from and who is it associated with.?
That group at 500 mtres is a ball tearer, is this common or one of the better groups, Imagine if there was no flyer.
I would love to see a few more piccys of equipment and targets.
What calibre do most shooters use in this event.?
Do you have one gun only set up for 500mtr fly shoots.?
I think this may cost me in the long run.
Regards
Damien Webb.
steven
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6ppc

Post by steven »

Damien,

Go to http://www.actbenchrest.com and check it out. There is all the info on 500 Fly shooting you will ever need on that site.

Some people shoot both Light & Heavy guns but take a cut lunch and refreshments cos you wont get a break if there is only 2 details shooting.

Steve
Last edited by steven on Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kenny
6mm Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmPPC

Post by Kenny »

Rinso,
...Kenny what happened mate ???????
Weellllllllll.....nothing really :lol:

Mate, I just stayed on after the Madden for the fun of it :D My old 6 and a half tube has never been much good and any success i have had is just luck :lol:

My luck ran out on the 3rd target, when I copped a crossfire from my neighbour....who didn't bother to admit it......so after firing two shots, then seeing holes up high on my target I held low for the next three. When the target came back I realised my mistake, 1xfly,1x8 and 3 below the scoring ring :lol: oh well shit happens :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had a shocker in the Madden and could not get my act together, I ended up 10th in LV, and I think about 23rd in HV and maybe 17th in two gun, I did not take much notice of 2gun and HV results though :D
It was a hard weekend, conditions were tricky and a lot of big wigs were getting caught as well so it made my day to luck in 10th in LV :lol:

I thought Stevo would of got up and taken the 200 HV after his records earlier on but it was not to be I guess...and he was using the cheating barrell too.... :lol:

KY
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

Kenny, i know that feeling well. My first shoot in Cantberra back in 99 when they still shot the 10 card long course, the shooter to my right crossfired on my target twice in 2 seperate relays. The second time i caught sight of his shot going into the target. The first time, i had fired the first shot after firing all three of my sighters into the plate and then checked for fall of shot on the record. There was this shot sitting just in the 1 ring at 9 o'clock, so i aimed further to the right and fired the next 4 without seeing a thing. When my target came back, i had six shots on it with the one i could see in the one ring, one shot smack in the fly heart and four shots in a nice cluster in the right V. The competitors target to my right had four shots sitting at nine o'clock in the V and one ring area. He lost a nice group and i finished second to Stuart Elliot by 12 points. You get angry at the time, but i laugh about it now. The guy that crossfired, who shall remain anonymous and was most apologetic at the time, knew that he had cost me the win so that was punishment enough i think. Touch wood, i have not yet crossfired on anyones record target in any match, but i know only too well that there are those that have crossfired and those that will.
Tony Z.
Kenny
6mm Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmPPC

Post by Kenny »

Tony Z,

Maybe we should start a new exclusive 'crossfire club' with skull and crossbones patches :lol:
You are dead right, there are only two sorts of people involved, those that have and those that will :D
I was slightly peeved by it at the time but whats the point in being cranky about it, you can't take those shots back, and I really should have realised they were not 6.5 cal holes anyway, + the bloke who fired them is a nice old fella who simply made a mistake.

Funny how you mention Stuart, he actually cross fired on my sighter target at Canberra last January :lol: I was just about to let one off on the sighter when a hole appeared on my target, having Stewy on my right I immediately started 'tuning up' the poor sod besides me on my left, Stuart was having a chuckle over it all then realised... "shit it's me" :lol: so I had to back track pretty quick to the bloke on the left :oops: he sort of got offended too....oh well :roll:

It was a good weekend anyway all the same, I got to meet JR, Bob with his 30BR and Charlie who sold me some sweet 120gn bunny bustin 6.5 CDC pills along with the usual cast of characters that show up at these events.

Cheers

KY
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

!

Post by a.JR »

s
Last edited by a.JR on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

Jeff, i been watchin you for a while now. I reckon your never gunna hit a 250. You're just gunna go to a 260 straight up. If you look at every recent match, you've dropped one target that lets the total down. Sooner or later you will get the run and get 5 good targets. A 52 average looked hard a few years back, but its not that far away really.
Tony Z.