Sydney Fly Dates

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
steven
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6ppc

Post by steven »

Kenny,

Not sure what your saying about Micks stock. The stock rule in the actbenchrest site says "any stock configuration" which to me means L/G & H/G can have any fore end width they like. Micks gun is H/G so he can have a 5" fore end. Your L/G can have the same by the original rules. Where you know who gets all these farkin stupid rules has got me farked!!!!!!!

You won L/G there's no doubt about that. Therefore Mick won H/G and you were screwed by you know who. I can assure everybody that going to these shonky shoots will do this sport no good at all. The rules were brought out by the original people that started Fly shooting and shouldn't be changed by these shonks without consultation with them. The only rule that has been changed since Fly shooting started is the H/G weight limit so that 1000yd H/G's which are unlimited weight can compete in H/G Fly.

Steve
Kenny
6mm Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmPPC

Post by Kenny »

Steven

I was just saying, if he has a 5" forend, but as JR claims the 3" rule was in (and it may have detered some from attending) how come he can shoot and win, when the rules say different.
Not that it really matters as he would have done me anyway :lol:

Actually I know the answer so all is cool.
changed by these shonks
:lol: :lol: :lol:

KY
shane
Resident Gunsmith
Favourite Cartridge: none

Post by shane »

Yes mate the answer is, Mick has a heavy gun therefore he can have a forend larger than 3".

By their rules light gun only must have a smaller forend with a max of 3".

We will all find the very large majority of light gun shooters will have a 3" forend anyway so there's very very few that may be affected by the Sydney rule and not be able to compete.

I fully understand what JR is saying about it not being the same as all the other shoots.

I dont know why Sydney is using the 3" rule?
cheers,
Shane
Kenny
6mm Remington

Post by Kenny »

Shane.....yep the answer is.....I need a pair of lookers :lol: :lol:

Malcom, OK his answer is -

He ran a practise day on the Friday before the last shoot for those wanting to sight in and practise, and he can do so again if the numbers are there :D He also said there is no reason why they cant hold more 500m shoots, he just needs the numbers to make it worthwhile.

Hornsby also has a 200/300m egg shoot on in March next year for those who are interested.

KY
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

!

Post by a.JR »

s
Last edited by a.JR on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
6mm Remington

Post by Kenny »

aJR

Can I suggest you taking the matter up with Dave Waters, he is the event organiser and with plenty of time until this shoots kicks off I am sure he could change things :D

KY
a.JR
6mm Dasher

Post by a.JR »

s
Last edited by a.JR on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
6mm Remington

Post by Kenny »

JR

Ok Fair enough. DW obviously has his own agenda on the shoots, maybe with enough flack he will reconsider...I dunno ¿

Perhaps the solution is to not have it included in SOTY :? but this would be a bummer for the Hornsby club as 'the big guys' would not bother attending then and that would keep numbers down.

I guess all the people can't be pleased all the time :wink:

KY
malcolm
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 35 Whelan

Post by malcolm »

Gidday Steve, I can assure you that Silverdale definately shoots a genuine 200m Fly shoot for rimfires------and it is a top day!!!!!!! Any .22 rimfire with a highpower variable Jap scope can be wound up, elevation wise, to shoot 200m.
Years ago, we used to set up targets on the far dam wall, which was approx 300+ metres but that all got canned because the range is only registered for 200m.
Try shooting low velocity .22 ammo at 200 meters. To sight in for the "Fly" your 22 should be approx 450mm high at 50m to be approx 0 at 200m.
Malcolm
malcolm
.204 Ruger

Post by malcolm »

Gidday Kenny, I think an egg shoot would be fantastic. I think the way the yanks run their egg shoots are ----no sighters--one or shots--and who ever hits the egg is the winner.
I could probably locate a dinosaur egg if need be
Malcolm
Kenny
6mm Remington

Post by Kenny »

Malcolm,

I have never tried an egg shoot, should be a fun afternoon :D Have you shot at Hornsby before ?

KY
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

Hey guys,

I've been away and just cuaght up with this thread, I have a few points to make..
cause there was no Light gun trophy handed out and I won 'Light' ..and we only shot 8 targets ..
Kenny what Fly shoot is 8 targets...? not doubting you just asking.

a.JR this shoot was substitued into the SOTY as the original SOTY shoot for Sydney was cancelled...I and many others drove to Little River and shot in the Vic titles which was a listed SOTY event rather than attend the this Sydney shoot held on Mothers Day a week after the Vic titles which was not a SOTY listed event.
Then after the listed SOTY shoot for Sydney was cancelled this is subbed in ....thats a bit dubious isnt it...after the event is over its now SOTY included ??????
Whats more if Kenny is correct the scores listed in the SOTY are for 8 scoring targets ...mmmmmm ....thats not really very sporting is it.... every other event is 5 scoring targets. Add to this the 3 inch rule ...??????

Maybe its all easliy explained but it doesnt look good when you break it down like that does it. LG is close and if 1 of the top three could put in a score for 8 targets well that would make a big difference wouldnt it.
??????????

cheers
Rinso
a.JR
6mm Dasher

Post by a.JR »

s
Last edited by a.JR on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
malcolm
.204 Ruger

Post by malcolm »

Kenny, yes I have shot one 500m Fly comp there.
The portable benches can be a bit of a pain, but everyone is in the same boat.
Some of the shooters bring their own umbrellas to shield the sun when shooting.
Scoring the targets down in the butts is a bit of a buzz, and all up a top day.
I like Hornsby Range, and the big plus is it's only 30 minutes from my place.
Malcolm
Kenny
6mm Remington

Post by Kenny »

Rinso,

All is cool......the 8 targets I was refering to were at the long course shoot (10 targets) held at Hornsby last year :D

It was NOT included in SOTY so no probs there :D
I was told that the Mothers day shoot last year (2005, 5 targets) would be included in SOTY. Sorry if I have you confused :lol: see what happens when you go away :P

KY