PICS!

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
Kenny
6mm Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmPPC

Post by Kenny »

Paul,

thanks for the info, I will look into it :) The current project is a 30BR and I asked Sinclairs to include a body die using the part number from there catalogue as it was not shown in their online store. They have shipped the order without any reply about it however...it will work out.
I thought of boring out the neck of my present Redding 6BR body die but it is soooo flamin hard I doubt if it will work. Guess I could always make one :D

That 284 case has just got me fascinated :lol: I will end up with all the caliber variants eventually :roll: :lol:

cheers
KY
steven
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6ppc

Post by steven »

Kenny,

We should be able to make a bump die the same as mine if nothing shows up. You shouldn't need it for awhile. Hope you haven't fireform those cases yet. Big no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read on 6mmbr forum about people using the sinclair neck expander and turner having problems with neck turning 30brs. They recommend the K & M neck turner. Check it out.

Steve
Kenny
6mm Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmPPC

Post by Kenny »

Steven

It seems to me that the bloke has expanded with a K&M then tried to neck turn with the Sinclair expander mandrell which is about a thou larger. The expander he used is probably right on 30 cal.....maybe he has trimmed the case or something as well and has not deburred inside the neck properly making it even tighter.....dunno :? hope my stuff works now I have read that.

Yep I agree.... the wax plug would be a waste of time as I would only have to expand them again anyway...... :roll:

I reckon if the die does not turn up, I can make one :D

KY