AusVarminters 2007 Postal FLY Comp!!

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

Phut!

Post by a.JR »

Mate ,I don't see why something could not be started up for rimfires..I don't have anything to do with them ,so some one with an interest should start it up ,what about you ..JR..ps..all my rifles go Boom,not bang or phut, mater of fact i refuse to shoot anything with less than 50 gns of gunpowder...
bsimps05 wrote:Will there be a 200m Fly Shoot Comp for rimfires in the future?
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Post by Ackley Improved »

I here the rimfire fly is a lot of fun..

The wind gives you real big touch up at 200m!!

Cheers
AI
Simpson
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250, 243, 308, ..

Re: Phut!

Post by Simpson »

a.JR wrote:Mate ,I don't see why something could not be started up for rimfires..I don't have anything to do with them ,so some one with an interest should start it up ,what about you ..JR..ps..all my rifles go Boom,not bang or phut, mater of fact i refuse to shoot anything with less than 50 gns of gunpowder...
bsimps05 wrote:Will there be a 200m Fly Shoot Comp for rimfires in the future?
a.JR, unfortunately I have no experience at all in ANY type of shooting competitions. I have been tossing up the idea of purchasing a 22 and giving them ago. I am just looking for another excuse to buy a rifle and competing in this online comp would help me convince myself further (does that make sense:? ).
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

et al,

200m Rimfire Fly is easy to set up you use the 10 Fly rules calibre .22 only thats it. People shoot it with standard factory 22's at matches anyway the only difference is you have a postal shoot running so you send your targets in.

Batemans Bay run 200 Fly and I think Wagga hold one every year. Silverdale hosts one or two as well. I am sure there are others as well

cheers

Rinso

ps Federal Cup 500m Fly Majura Range Canberra Sat 10 March 2007, 1000 yd shoot on Sunday. Even if you only have a look get down there. This is the shoot everyone wants to win and to my knowledge is the best attended shoot every year.

I will be there from around lunchtime Friday for set up as will Dave Goodridge, Shane Clancy will usually be there as well, come say hello.

cheers
Simpson
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250, 243, 308, ..

Post by Simpson »

Any entries in the competition yet?

When there is will they be posted in this thread?
a.JR
6mm Dasher

Help .

Post by a.JR »

B 05, I have been trying to get some help to paste over the rules and dates because i don't know how to do it .. Save a lot of me rewriting, if the computer wizs could help ..1st match in BNE has come and gone don't have a clue as to if any interested party's shot,If you know computer stuff ,FFS Pm me so i can get this up and running..JR..Jeff Rogers........................
bsimps05 wrote:Any entries in the competition yet?

When there is will they be posted in this thread?
a.JR
6mm Dasher

2007 POSTAL FLY SHOOT!!

Post by a.JR »

The postal is now up and running ,see the other thread for details please..JR..Jeff Rogers