Aussie Fly Shoot goes to the US!

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

Post by a.JR »

Hi All , some will remember a while back (2years?) that i had been approached by a guy from Texas through the Forum BRC about getting the FLY event going in the US.. My last contact was OCT 2010 until a coulpa days ago ..Apparently the range is now sorted and they want to shoot a full FLY shoot in 2012 and would also like the get an International Postal Shoot going between the US and AUS .. I first connected this guy , Mike Cockcroft to Jim McKinley ,one of the original Target owners together and they spoke about what had to happen for the FLY to go ahead over there .. Now things have changed with the SSAA taking over the Sanction of FLY i felt that a good start was to hand Mike over the Peter Van Meurs because of his position in Benchrest as well as being a keen Fly shooter .. Anyhoo PVM's got the rains now but i have told Mike in Texas if he needs any help to just holler .. With the obvious success of the International 1000yd Postal challenge going so well over the last 3 years i can't see any reason this should not work great also .. Will try to get Mike to come on here to say Hi.. JR.. Jeff Rogers
chappo555
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmbr

Post by chappo555 »

Good stuff!
ozeant
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Re: Aussie Fly Shoot goes to the US!

Post by ozeant »

Great stuff.... Bring it on I say !!

Would be great to see some international competition... Fly is a great sport and the more it grows the better....

Might be worth pointing them to the
www.500mflyshooter.com.au web site...

Cheers

Anthony