30br Barrels

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
steven
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6ppc

30br Barrels

Post by steven »

Anybody interested in buying 30cal 1:18 twist barrels for 30br? Have spoken to Robert Tobler @ Tobler Barrels and he is willing to make them. Will save having to go through the process of importing them.

Steve
Con
.308 Winchester

Post by Con »

Depends on price ... but yes I'd definately be interested.
Cheers...
Con
steven
.222 Remington

Post by steven »

Con,

The price he quoted me was $480 + $15 freight. I think I will be ordering about 5 depending on a few friends giving the go ahead. Just need to work out what profiles they need but most will be 1.250" straight or HV taper maybe 1 LV.

Steve
Con
.308 Winchester

Post by Con »

Steven
Cash is a bit tight BUT I'm still interested :lol: . At $480 I'm assuming stainless (dont think Tobler like making C/M), when are they looking at doing the run and what will delivery time be like?
Cheers...
Con
Kenny
6mm Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmPPC

Post by Kenny »

Steven,

Yep yep yep, me will have a 1.250" straight please :D :D :D

Will definately be stainless con, I have two Tobler tubes already and they shoot well :D
I reckon they are on par with anything imported and even better than some, plus they are a home grown product :lol:

KY
dave
7mm08 Rem

Post by dave »

Steve what kind of barrels are we talking here in regards to finish and length?? If i could get a 26-28" HV stainless for that money id be intrested :twisted:
steven
.222 Remington

Post by steven »

Kenny & Con,

Will not know what's going on with delivery times etc till I get onto JJ & Boyley later this arvo. I will contact Toblers tomorrow and order what I need and find out about delivery times then.

If anyone else is interested they probably should order their barrels as soon as possible after I post the delivery times tomorrow.

Steve
Con
.308 Winchester

Post by Con »

Steven,
I think that's the best way to go ... give prices and delivery time ... wack on Toblers phone number and let people order if they're interested and sort out contours with them.
Thanks for the heads-up on an Aussie 30BR barrel!
Cheers...
Con
steven
.222 Remington

Post by steven »

Have spoken to Cathy at Tobler Barrels regarding delivery times.

Should be 6 to 7 weeks

Price as stated before $480 + $15 frt depending on your location. This is for 1 or more barrels not $15 each barrel.

Phone 0248851881
Fax 0248851060

We have ordered 5 barrels, Robert gets 6 per length of s/steel so he will probably make 6 all up so there will be 1 left over unless more are ordered.

Steve
steven
.222 Remington

Post by steven »

Dave,

Not sure of the finish on Tobler barrels when ordered as a blank. Maddco are not too bad. You just need to spin them in the lathe with some 320 emery for 5 minutes and they come up nice.

Length of blank in HV will be 26". I think it is about $30 for every inch over 26. Could be wrong. Will find his price list tonight and check.

Steve
steven
.222 Remington

barrels here

Post by steven »

30br barrels arrived today. Poor lady from Aus Post had to get the neighbours to lift them out of her van. All barrels are 28" long so will have some spare stainless left over to make some dies and comparators with.

Will fit my barrel and Boyleys barrel to our Stolles this week hopefully. Will let you all know how they shoot next weekend. I have 3 different weights and brands of projectiles to try but will just fireform the 47 cases I have loaded with 110gn Amaxs to start with.

Should be able to give Aussie Bob a bit of competition and compare the Toblers to the Pacnors and the Bergers to the CDC's.
Kenny
6mm Remington

Post by Kenny »

Should be able to give Aussie Bob a bit of competition and compare the Toblers to the Pacnors and the Bergers to the CDC's.
I don't care ..just long as I beat YOU :P :lol: :lol: yeah right...... :lol:

Gotta admit I AM excited about it...............just like big Kev, a new tube is just like a new gun :D can't wait...........

Steven, do you know if any Aussie barrel makers would make a tube at a length suitable to finish at 30" ????

KY
steven
.222 Remington

Post by steven »

Kenny,

They all will make them longer. You just have to pay more. The Maddco barrel on my Fly gun is 31" long from bolt face to muzzle and started out at 32". They don't like to because its harder to make them straighter the longer they get.

Steven
Kenny
6mm Remington

Post by Kenny »

Thanks Steven......for some reason, I had the idea they may not make them........ :?

KY