Which combinations work best in br?

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
dave
7mm08 Rem

Which combinations work best in br?

Post by dave »

What do all you guys use for your br loads, probably should be in ammo and reloading but at the same time it applies here too.

Would i be right in saying the most used combinations,

Lapua Brass
CCI Primers
adi 2208
SMKs???

Am i on the right track? Looking for some opinions as i will be reloading for 6br in the 90-100+gr range for some real long range varmint busting!
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Post by Ackley Improved »

For vamint popping with a 6BR..

Lapua brass
CCI BR4 primers (harder cup)
2208 or RL15
87 Vmax or 90g scenars.

For target, same as above but with 107MK's or 105 scenars!

Cheers
AI
dave
7mm08 Rem

Post by dave »

I was thinking that ai, im getting a 1:8 barrel but im tempted to load up a few lighter ones to see how they go :twisted:
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Post by Ackley Improved »

From what I have heard... it doent matter what weight you feed into the barrel of a 6mmBR, as long as the twist will shoot it... the 6mmBR will shoot!!

If using the 1:8twist... try the 105 Amax's for varminting. They are ment to be the being match projectile on game!

Cheers
AI
Kenny
6mm Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmPPC

Post by Kenny »

Dave,

My 6BR is a 1:14 twist so it probably wont stabilise those big projies, not that I have gone over 70 grainers anyway :D I usually use custom benchrest pills, ELF's or some Kat's that have been laying around for awhile. Sierra 70gn MK's have performed OK when I have been short on the others though.
For varmints I also would go the V-Max. Don't be afraid to go up into the lands with the projie and jam it up to 20 thou into the lands, use caution but watching for pressure signs as you go up in powder weight :wink:

I use fed 205m primers and CCI BR4's but as AI said CCI has the superior cup. Other than the flattening I have seen no accuracy gain/loss between the two.

Lapua brass for sure, I batched mine but it was a waste of time as it was 'that good'.

I have been using BM2 for mine and it seems to be OK, being a finer grained powder it flows through the powder measure 'nicer'

Exiting times ahead...enjoy

KY
Ned Kelly
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6PPC

Post by Ned Kelly »

G'Day Dave,
try the 70gn Blitzkings as they have a higher BC than the 70SMK and work extremely well out of my mate Darrens 6ppc out to 600yds in Fclass
Cheerio Ned