Roller cocking piece.

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Roller cocking piece.

Post by Tony Z »

I have just spent the last couple of weekends testing a roller cocking piece for Rem 700/600/40X actions. I have placed one on my 600 Hunter 30 BR and my aging 700 LV in 6 BR. The 600 bolt lift is now reduced by just shy of 50% and the 700 to about 30% less than original (i think the threads of the shroud and bolt body are not what they should be). I originally tried to modify existing pieces but could not get consistant annealing to ensure good machinability. Anyway, i am asking for feedback if it is of interest to shooters as i could possibly do a CNC run if required. This will be a limited run and i do not want to make these for anyone in quantity as i wish to sell them to shooters, not those with commercial interests. There is also a possibility of these being made for other actions like Stolle and Farley.
Tony Z.
dave
7mm08 Rem

Post by dave »

I would be if i had a 700 action at the moment tony :cry:
Wiz
.17 HMR

Post by Wiz »

Z-Man,
Of any practical use in a well set up hunting rig ?
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

Danno, i think you would be wasting your money. That money would be better spent on a pad on the sill of the car window you shoot buff out of. :mrgreen:
Tony Z
Wiz
.17 HMR

Post by Wiz »

:shock: The big guns kick a little too much for that Z man!

Change of venue brings Banteng into the offering now too old mate... you and Butch better get organised for after the wet :mrgreen:
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

Funny that. Butch and i were talking about just that earlier today. Is a 222 OK for buff and banteng or should i up the gun to a 68 grainer in 6 PPC? Should be able to take a texas heart shot without leaving a mark as the brutal beast runs away in fear of life. :mrgreen:
Tony Z.
Wiz
.17 HMR

Post by Wiz »

Jeez Tony :?
I have a couple of decent rifles you can use when you lob instead of bringing those pea shooters! We dont even shoot sparrows with triple two's :mrgreen:

Theres 2 x 375's and a .416 Taylor here for the use of :P