#1 / Bullet Runout !!

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

#1 / Bullet Runout !!

Post by a.JR »

Hi All,I will over the the next few weeks run a series of articals on getting the best out of you Competition Gun,cartridge preparation wise .Competitive Guns take many forms but the things i have found that make a difference apply to all guns just some to a lesser degree..Start with Bullet concentricity in a loaded round.. I have since 1997 loaded the cartridges i need for a comp and then straightened the alignment of the projectile(manually) to the centreline of the case just before shooting in competition on every one including the barrel warmers..I don't conduct tests at short range now but if the past is any indicator ,you can have a bunch of stuff wrong with your rifle or gear and still get great groups at 100yds..I test at a minium of 551 yds .. My Cold hardened mate from Tamworth will post a pick shortly..Once you see the guage in the pic i have made for some other shooters in OZ and the US you will notice the position of the dail indicator and where the case and the bullet are supported.. The runout figures are quoted at this position..JR..Jeff Rogers
Last edited by a.JR on Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
steven
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6ppc

Concentricity Gauge

Post by steven »

[img][img]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/ ... Medium.jpg[/img]

Jeffs Concentricity gauge[/img][/url]