Australia's First 600 yd Benchrest Match!!

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

Australia's First 600 yd Benchrest Match!!

Post by a.JR »

Hi guys ,Clocks ticking for those that interested in shooting the Australias 1st 600yd bench match in Townsville.. March 11th is only 8 weeks away ,have ya got it all together, is the thing drillin holes..Format is 4 targets in a day ,2 sections
1 / for group, the 4 targets at 5 shots each added together,then agged for both L/G and H/G
2/ for score at 55 per target ,total 220 for the day(thats 20 shots inside a 1.8inch X ring at 600yds).......Scoreing is 5x10 ring hits(50) + i more point for each X ring hit,total of 5 = 55 for both L/G & H/G..
3/ sighter shot period is # unlimited and individually spotted for period 6 minutes
4/ followed by the record period at 10 minutes(no spotting)
5/ 2 targets will be shot in one sitting,i will take 3 minutes to hang the second target in that sitting,then all gear removed from the bench for the next relay..
6/ We do not intend to run a Grand AGG for the 2 gun unless the shooters eventually request it
TSV will run the 60% target for the 1st year just as the US did,then probably change to the 40% one in 2008..

Please let me know if you are coming from out of town and for those that have really accurate rifles we have a free barrel adjustment service before the match starts ,see you there..JR..Jeff RogersImage
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Post by Ackley Improved »

Love to go... just to many km's away!!

Need to get the 600yd comps going a little bit further down geographically..

It would be good to shoot the same comps as they do in the US, as then we can compare scores/groups!!

Cheers
AI
Blackpete

Post by Blackpete »

thanks jr,
ya just pressed my panic button, no brass, no projies, no powder, are you having a practice day for the locals. i want to make sure none of those southern raiders have an advantage! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kenny
6mm Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmPPC

Post by Kenny »

JR,

I am the same as AI......would love to come but just too far away for a one dayer. If I ever get up there I would have to make it at least a 2 week sleepover :lol:

Good to see you blokes stepping out with the 600 shoot and setting a benchmark :D just need to nudge the rest of aus into it now.

Now ...with your barrell adjustment service.....do ya reckon you could adjust mine the other way :lol:

Blackpete....I reckon your pretty safe big fella :D

KY
a.JR
6mm Dasher

Shoot Dates!

Post by a.JR »

Ken and AI, The one you should plan on is The Big July weekend.. Starts Friday 6th July with all day practice.. 7th July is the QLD FLY Champs (SOTY), 8th July is the 600yd bench Championship shoot and last is the 9th July 1000yd bench Champs shoot .. All told $3000 dollars in prizes and CASH$,of corse there is the obligatory Alcohol sampling before and after the 4 days of shooting(optional).. This is a "run what ya brung" shootin weekend ,just got to hope ya brung enough..I predict in '07 a 4inch Heavy Group , A 2inch light gun group at 1K....A 1.5in group at 600yds and a 260 score at FLY,all in the same year..JR..Jeff Rogers
Blackpete

Post by Blackpete »

thats some bloody good prise money jr, to think i drove 14 hrs for a lot less. 8)
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

That reminds me Pete, did you get the glass with the chip or the crack in it?. Just think another 5 more years and you could wind up with a set of 6 tumblers. Makes me wanna jump in the car and get in line with me sleepin bag to get in early for the next shoot :mrgreen:
Tony Z.
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Better start looking at getting some car pooling going for that shoot.. sounds great!!! 3 full days of shooting.. plus sinking piss... Have to make it a week trip...

See how us Southern fokes go up North!!

Cheers
AI
Kenny
6mm Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmPPC

Post by Kenny »

JR

Righto then...not commiting myself just yet but will pencil the dates in, a 3 dayer sounds the goods :D just depends on how busy I get with the short range stuff.
Will start nudging that 'slacker' in Tamworth to try and get him motivated too :lol:

AI you can pick us up on the way past, and we can make it two weeks to get some fishing in :lol:

KY
a.JR
6mm Dasher

Another volunteer!

Post by a.JR »

That Great ,You guys coming Fishin with us ,we need another guy now to help with the crab pots, there is one spot where you have to swim to get the pot and it has not been checked for a while now ,gee we miss Fred ,he was from down south too..JR..Alligator Ck ,Townsville................
Kenny wrote:JR

Righto then...not commiting myself just yet but will pencil the dates in, a 3 dayer sounds the goods :D just depends on how busy I get with the short range stuff.
Will start nudging that 'slacker' in Tamworth to try and get him motivated too :lol:

AI you can pick us up on the way past, and we can make it two weeks to get some fishing in :lol:

KY
Blackpete

Post by Blackpete »

mine was the one with the scratches in it Tony, i neally had two, the second one was presented to me for smallest group in light gun but then they ran out of trophies when it came to small group / heavy gun so i had to hand mine back, DOH :cry:
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

HHmmmmm..

Just had a look at the map.. I think it may be to far for me, even with a 3 days shoot...

Looks to be about 2500kms..... 2 days driving there, and 2 days driving on the way back!!

Darn.....

Cheers
AI
a.JR
6mm Dasher

Flights!

Post by a.JR »

yea, Flying's the best, We will arrange free accomadation and transport with a local when ya get here.. Flights booked early are between $200 and $250 return..JR..Jeff Rogers..I'm going to Batemans Bay for one leg of the SOTY this year, flights are the cheapest way..JR..Jeff Rogers
Ackley Improved wrote:HHmmmmm..

Just had a look at the map.. I think it may be to far for me, even with a 3 days shoot...

Looks to be about 2500kms..... 2 days driving there, and 2 days driving on the way back!!

Darn.....

Cheers
AI
Ackley Improved
6mm Dasher

Better try get the time off.... I like the flying idea...

Cheers
AI
steven
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6ppc

Post by steven »

AI,

Seems Bendigo were going to try and shoot 1,000 & 600yd benchrest last year. Haven't heard anything since they didn't turn up to open the gate for some of the competerors that came to shoot following the Melbourne 500m Fly.

Steve