300 YD Targets!

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

300 YD Targets!

Post by a.JR »

HI all , How about some pics with the different sort of rifles people use of 300 yd targets.. I have spent so little time at that distance that i have never kept even one target ,i gotta bunch from 500 met and at 1000yds.. I would be interested in seeing what you guys have done at that distance ,i under stand that some places have even shot a reduced target FLY match at 300, what about some pics of that..JR..Jeff Rogers
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

aJR,

I can try and get hold of a 300m Fly target for ya (I think I know where there is one) its a reduced version of the real thing so its still a challenge. You could run it in TSV as a novelty event.
Let me know if your interested

cheers

Rinso
Matt P
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Post by Matt P »

I can't get this $%^%%$$ thing to post pictures. Could someone please explain SLOWLY how to.
Thanks
Matt P
Blackpete

Post by Blackpete »

Hi Matt,
go to the General Discussion page, then go down to the 18th thread "how to post pic's" it will give you all the info you need.

Pete. 8)
Matt P

Post by Matt P »

Thanks Pete
This is a group from 6BR ay 300m no compensation for wind or elevation, I know the ppc boys can do better but for my needs it shoots great.
[iImage
Blackpete

Post by Blackpete »

Bloody nice 10 shot group Matt, now for your next goal, a five shot group just 200m past your 300m target. 8)
Matt P

Post by Matt P »

Blackpete
What like this ??
Same rifle, Federal Cup Canberra
Matt P
[img][img]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p182 ... 240246.jpg[/img][/img]
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

The PPC sheep don't do much better Matt.
As for the Fly target, you're gunna have to go back and re-tune, my 6 BR shot a 50 with 3 at a 1.7 inch group. Yours looks like about a 1.9er :mrgreen:

Tony Z.
Blackpete

Post by Blackpete »

Bloody nice, whats you 1000yrd target like. 8)
Matt P

Post by Matt P »

Tony
1.737 according to Mr Cody. :lol:
Mirage was very bad, couldn't see fall of shot, put down a group on instinct and it's my best group and score to date.
It's the BR's only problem, seeing the fall of shot !!!!!
Matt P
mitchellchandler_au
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmbr

Post by mitchellchandler_au »

Here is a group from my 6mmbr shooting 107SMK at 300 yards prone with a rest (F-class style). Image
jimbo
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6 PPC

Post by jimbo »

Tony Z wrote:The PPC sheep don't do much better Matt.
As for the Fly target, you're gunna have to go back and re-tune, my 6 BR shot a 50 with 3 at a 1.7 inch group. Yours looks like about a 1.9er :mrgreen:

Tony Z.
What are PPC sheep? Please explain?
GriMo
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 17 rem

Post by GriMo »

jimbo wrote:
Tony Z wrote:The PPC sheep don't do much better Matt.

Tony Z.
What are PPC sheep? Please explain?
Not sure if its the context he means it, but one interpretation could be to take it as though PPC shooters re like sheep. One person does something and then the rest all copy it. Follow blindly like sheep. And as you may know, sheep are thick as shit
jimbo
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6 PPC

Post by jimbo »

So, GriMo are you suggesting that the PPC shooters must be thick as shit? Please explain?
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

Good One

Post by a.JR »

Great target mitch, Gonna have to get that rifle to a Long Range Bench Match mate , to see if it aggs now..JR..Jeff Rogers..ps.. i don't think the shit talk will get us anywhere either..................
mitchellchandler_au wrote:Here is a group from my 6mmbr shooting 107SMK at 300 yards prone with a rest (F-class style). Image