AUST Long Range Benchrest!

Benchrest, F-class, Metallic Silhouette, Handgun Shooting and anything other form of target shooting!
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

AUST Long Range Benchrest!

Post by a.JR »

Hi all ,It seems that Long Range Benchrest in Australia may be coming of age in 2007 .. At 1000yds we now have 14 registered matchs accross the country, in TOWNSVILLE
1st SUN April 8th
2nd SUN June 24th
3rd MON July 9th
4th SUN Sept 30th
5th NOV 11th

IN BRISBANE
1ST SUN April 29th
2nd SUN May 27th
3rd SUN July 29th
4th SUN August 26th
5th SUN October 28th

in CANBERRA
1st SUN March 11th
2nd SUN May 27th
3rd SUN July 29th
4th SUN October 28th
It goes without saying With 26 / FLY matchs, 5 / 600yd matchs and 14 / 1000yd Benchrest matchs spread accross Australia there is never been a better time to justify spending the money on a Long Range Benchrest Rifle..Who Knows mabye a few more F/class shooters might come over and try it ?.. I hope to put a face to some of the guys i talk to in my travels this year,don't think your home range is safe ,i'm a commin to visit, have gun will travel!!..JR..Jeff Rogers
Blackpete

Post by Blackpete »

jr which matches are you going away to.

Pete. 8)
a.JR
6mm Dasher
Favourite Cartridge: 30cal

Away Dates!

Post by a.JR »

Hi Pete, Holidays allowing (for the wife) it will be Batemans Bay for the NSW Champs in JUNE and the Sth QLD titles in NOV in Brisbane (FLY SOTY) ..I want to go to Brisbane for at least one of their 1000yd Matchs ..If they aggree to a coupla small changes to the shoot format then i think a few northerners will go this year .. After seeing the stats from the 1st match mabye they do't want us down there,we'll see..JR..Jeff Rogers
Blackpete wrote:jr which matches are you going away to.

Pete. 8)
Blackpete

Post by Blackpete »

jr with the Baitmans Bay shoot will it be a SOTY Fly & 1000yrd on the same weekend and if so what are the dates. If possible I would like to shoot three SOTY Fly events (and maybe 3 x 1000yrd's) this year and one of them would be the Brisy November shoot again.
Pete.
8)
steven
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6ppc

Post by steven »

Pete,

Batemans Bay will be rimfire Saturday and centrefire Sunday. Should be held on the June long weekend but don't hold me to that.

Steve
Blackpete

Post by Blackpete »

Thanks Steve, is the Sunday going to be fly & 1000yrd and are they SOTY events; what date is the long weekend.

Pete.