AusVarmint.com will close in April 2025, Join our FB To stay in contact.

Read here often for site updates and other Site related news.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

AusVarmint.com will close in April 2025, Join our FB To stay in contact.

Post by kjd »

Hi All,

It is with a heavy heart that after 19 years I’ve made the decision that I will be shutting down AusVarmint.com. The hosting costs keep rising and the site is not being utilised near enough to justify the expense and time to keep it operating.

I have created a Facebook Group to keep in contact and posting the things we usually post.

If you have a FB Account you can join the group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/5427115 ... group_link

I will keep the forum open until this recently renewed hosting runs out in April 2025 but after that the site will go offline.

I would expect the timeline to go like this:

Announcement on the AV forum: July 2024

Forum stays open and working as normal until September 2024

All new posts get locked from this date.

Forum is available to be viewed and any files or posts saved (please share on the group if you wish) until the site is shut down in March or April in 2025.

Please invite all members you know on Facebook to join and anyone else who you would like to join in and keep the AV spirit alive on here, I am happy to welcome everyone here even if there was BS on the board that led to people leaving if they want to come here and participate they are more than welcome to.

It has been a ride and I hope we can all keep contact through this new medium.

Thank you all.
RDavies
.257 Roberts
Favourite Cartridge: 7 SAUM

Re: AusVarmint.com will close in April 2025, Join our FB To stay in contact.

Post by RDavies »

Bugger, not good to hear. But with cost of living the way it is now, it is understandable you want to reduce costs.