Little plinker

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Keachie
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Little plinker

Post by Keachie »

http://www.hatsan.com.tr/en_galatian_iv.html

Anyone had their hand on one these before?
Are they any good?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
Keachie
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Re: RE: Little plinker

Post by Keachie »

Keachie wrote:http://www.hatsan.com.tr/en_galatian_iv.html

Anyone had their hand on one these before?
Are they any good?

MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Re: Little plinker

Post by MISSED »

Hey bloke I think the hatsan is worth what you pay for it.

The boyz on the Air Rifle page will steer you in the right direction.
Ol 55
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by Ol 55 »

To be totally honest with you the Hatsan wouldn't be my preference there is some very good aiir rifles out there but to get quality you have to spend a quid have a troll through the air rifle section and look at some of the accuracy the good ones produce.
Every one should have at least one sluggy.
Cheers
Gary
grmkc
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by grmkc »

I have to diagree with you Ol55.

The Galatian is a well built rifle compared to the rest of the Hatsan PCPs available to us Downunder (At44 & Bt65).

Accuracy is very dependent on the Nuff Nuff behind the trigger. Pellet testing is key. The G IV comes with a Lothar Walther barrel. The Blueing is dark and of a quality finish. The stock is adjustable with a magazine storage feature. The side lever action is smooth and operates as a Royale's or Evanix's does. It has a two stage Quattro trigger set up. Tuned properly, I felt the it was better than the Weihrauch Rekord and on par with my BSA R10, former Goldstar and just slightly behind my Anschutz 2025. None of my rifles have factory settings because I'm a damn Virgo. Out of the box, the Quattro is still smoother than the Rekord.

I must say though, it is a BIG rifle which shoots way too hot in 177 and 22. It would benefit from a detune back to around 850 fps for both cal.

I have shot several now and find them to be a quality product. The importers have had no return with one exception. Warranty claim declined of course. A week old gun was returned because the new owner decided he knew best and stuffed around with the trigger adjustments. He managed to lock up the sears. The rifle arrived at the warehouse cocked, and with a pellet up the spout, and gassed up.

And yes Virginia, apart from Santa Klaus, we do have idiots who are allowed to own guns.

Hope that helps The sale price on the unit is exceptional.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

grmkc wrote:I have to diagree with you Ol55.

The Galatian is a well built rifle compared to the rest of the Hatsan PCPs available to us Downunder (At44 & Bt65).

Accuracy is very dependent on the Nuff Nuff behind the trigger. Pellet testing is key. The G IV comes with a Lothar Walther barrel. The Blueing is dark and of a quality finish. The stock is adjustable with a magazine storage feature. The side lever action is smooth and operates as a Royale's or Evanix's does. It has a two stage Quattro trigger set up. Tuned properly, I felt the it was better than the Weihrauch Rekord and on par with my BSA R10, former Goldstar and just slightly behind my Anschutz 2025. None of my rifles have factory settings because I'm a damn Virgo. Out of the box, the Quattro is still smoother than the Rekord.

I must say though, it is a BIG rifle which shoots way too hot in 177 and 22. It would benefit from a detune back to around 850 fps for both cal.

I have shot several now and find them to be a quality product. The importers have had no return with one exception. Warranty claim declined of course. A week old gun was returned because the new owner decided he knew best and stuffed around with the trigger adjustments. He managed to lock up the sears. The rifle arrived at the warehouse cocked, and with a pellet up the spout, and gassed up.

And yes Virginia, apart from Santa Klaus, we do have idiots who are allowed to own guns.

Hope that helps The sale price on the unit is exceptional.

Cheers!