New CZ .22LR

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Muttang
Favourite Cartridge: .204

New CZ .22LR

Post by Muttang »

Last weekend I popped into HPGS and bought a CZ American Classic .22 (with the timber stock). I could have paid a couple of hundred less and bought a Mossberg that offered a 5 year warranty, however I decided I would like a gun with a wood stock and from all the reports CZ was the choise (12-24 months warranty). I didn't buy a scope at the time as I have ordered a Nikon Pro Staff 3-9X40 from the states which is sitting at the mail depot as we speak. I feel I will have to take an extened lunch break to go over and pick it up. If I could get my shit in a pile I could go into Newcastle on Wednesday afternoon for a bit of a shoot, though I rekon it will be on Sat I finally get a taste of CZ action.

Finally I can safely go out for a shoot and it not break the bank too much.... My other rifle is a .204..... 20 rounds of mid range .204 ammo = 500 rounds .22 ammo....... Got to love it.... :auto:

Pics to follow..
Buffy
Pumpkin Chucker
Favourite Cartridge: .308

Re: New CZ .22LR

Post by Buffy »

Finally I can safely go out for a shoot and it not break the bank too much.... My other rifle is a .204..... 20 rounds of mid range .204 ammo = 500 rounds .22 ammo....... Got to love it....
Surely a man on your pay rate can afford the 204 rounds :lol: ..... you know its hard to shoot animals when your rifle is locked in the safe. :wink: ....

you should get some very good service from that little RF mate, get out there and enjoy it. :wink:

lots of love :wink:

BB
ant

Post by ant »

Muttang
Well done I picked up a CZ special ( an American with the beech stock) last week. Put a Brooks kit in it straight away & shot a 195 off the bench during the first shoot running it in. You won't be disappointed and as you said you can shoot all day for the cost of 20 rounds for the 204. :auto:
Quick
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm-08AI

Post by Quick »

Ill second that mate. My lil 452 Deluxe is a great little .22LR. Great fun to use. You will love it.
xeyed

Post by xeyed »

I'm about to get my 452 Varmint from my LGS.

Where did you get the Brooks Kit from ? I've tried emailing Eric Brookes to get a list of stuff from him (weaver adaptor, screws, trigger kits) but he's notorious for not replying. Also how did you pay him ?

Cheers,

Andrew
ant

Post by ant »

re Brooks - Direct deposit funds and via his web site, no problems. Kit here in under a week
xeyed

Post by xeyed »

OK thanks I think my problem is trying to order the scope mounts / bolt kits.. I can't see any way to order those via the PayPal..
Counter
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Counter »

xeyed wrote:OK thanks I think my problem is trying to order the scope mounts / bolt kits.. I can't see any way to order those via the PayPal..
I was trying to do the same - emailed him with no response. I think I'll just order the trigger kit on paypal and make the rest myself.
xeyed

Post by xeyed »

I got in touch with Eric via Skype. I think he doesn't read his emails.

If you want anything other than trigger kits, you need to send him a US Postal Money Order.. which makes life difficult for us here in Oz.

First port of call for me is to ask someone in the USA to order the CZ #19008.. It's the one piece Weaver rail from CZ for 11mm dovetails.. includes a cutaway for the ejection port. I've asked him to get a few for me .. about US$45 plus shipping I've read.

If I can't get that part, I'll order the adaptors from Eric via a mate in Canada (Canada Post MOs are accepted at USPS) who will then fwd to me.

You can order an upgraded firing spring, plus action screw sets (for quite a few different brands) from http://www.jnpgunsprings.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. They ship internationally and do Paypal. From what I've seen their customer service is excellent. I've ordered my springs/screws from these guys.

I ordered my Butler Ck Flip Ups, 30mm Signature Zee Scope rings from The Optics Zone.
Counter

Post by Counter »

Thanks for that xeyed! I'll order some things from that site.

Seems a bit weird to run an internet based store and not check your emails...
xeyed

Post by xeyed »

Counter wrote:Thanks for that xeyed! I'll order some things from that site.

Seems a bit weird to run an internet based store and not check your emails...
Actually Eric did get back to me after a few days.. and he did allow me to pay for what I wanted via Paypal.
But by then I'd already found other the other suppliers who are better organised (at the same price).

The J&P people were replying via email to my order yesterday at about 5AM their time. Which was a surprise.
Same with The Optics Zone folks.. very fast turnaround.

I ordered the Triggers from Eric via cz452.com's paypal cart and he did turn it around in about 24 hours so at the moment he's doing OK too.

If I can't get the CZ original rails then I will order the rest via Eric Brooks. Seems OK once you get his attention :)
Counter

Post by Counter »

I got an automated response this morning from Eric to my order for the trigger kit (entered yesterday afternoon), by all accounts it should turn up no problems.

Hate to hijack a thread, but what's the go with the replacement firing pin springs? is it worth getting one of the ones from J&P or is it a waste of time?