CZ .22 Sighting in Pics

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Muttang
Favourite Cartridge: .204

CZ .22 Sighting in Pics

Post by Muttang »

Here is some pics of some ammo trials I done down at Silverdale Range last Friday. Some groups aren't too bad but it seems like my eyes get a bit blurry after awhile so there is the occasionaly stray hole.
I think the best ammo for the CZ.22 Delux is the CCI Velocitor 40gr and the Winchester Powerpoint 40gr.... I had some old Remington High Velocity stuff aswell which didn't shoot too bad either.
Attachments
P1120104.JPG
.204 scope readjustment on the LHS.<br />Last shot of the day Lower RHS with CCI ammo.
.204 scope readjustment on the LHS.
Last shot of the day Lower RHS with CCI ammo.
Rabbit Boy
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Re: CZ .22 Sighting in Pics

Post by Rabbit Boy »

Hey Muttang did you try using any subsonic ammo I find they shoot really good through my 2 Brno's were the targets set up at 50m. What was the weather like on the day(windy)
Rabbit Boy :rifle:
.17 Diana
.22 lr Brno Varminter
.22 mag Ruger Varminter
.223 Rem Varminter
.243 Rem
30.06 Rem
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

G'day Muttang, I've had three Brno model 2's and they are a great little rifle, I wish I never sold the first one.
Anyway I was just going to say that the brno's don't seem to mind what ammo they eat, and some of the dearer target ammo will make it perform as good or better than some $1500 rifles. :wink:
Trev
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270wsm

Post by Trev »

You have to try the Federal Target, Champion in standard velocity, the blue packs. Mine loves that stuff, halfs the groups when compared to some $12 boxes.

On the CZ rifles, how do they make such a great little rifle for such a good price. I really think they are one of the best rimfires around. Its funny too sit a CZ besides a $2000 Anschutz and see it shoot every bit as good.

Trev
Muttang

Post by Muttang »

Yeah the targets were set at 50m and the day was relitively still. All of the top half of the targets were shot at my own pace. The lower half shot when the 5 min warning came for the end of the session so I hurried them through. I had to hurry because I forgot to try the .204 Winchester 34g HP which I bought the night before to see how they went (they are on the lower LHS).
I will buy some of the match pistol ammo and some of the ammo you guys recommend and try the same thing. Still going by the results so far all shots would have hit what I was aiming for. Only ammo I don't really like is the Highland AX stuff... Cheap and nasty and I had a round which was 'dodgy ammo'.

Got to love the .22's, you can fire a 100 rounds and only be out of pocket $10 or so.... Unlike the .204. :bang:
WhiteMeat
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223AI

Post by WhiteMeat »

One thing I love about the .22LR, if one brand of .22 ammo doesn't work after a few boxes, its cheap enough to be able to do :D

muttang - did you drive all the way from newcastle just to go to Silverdale or what?
Muttang

Post by Muttang »

No mate, my brother in law lives in Liverpool and we went to visit, so instead of the girls going bloody shopping we decided we would go shooting and they can look after the kids.. 8)
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

They look like typical good CZ results, even just try the winny subsonic HP's they usually put together some nice groups in my brno 2 and cheap too. Should have a shoot out at Tenambit (10 min from east maitland) good bunch of blokes at the rimfire range they don't mind the odd 22wmr or 17hmr too at times (depends who's on :D ) and we can compare the Brno and the CZ.

Ryan
Muttang

Post by Muttang »

I would be in for that Stinks but I am moving to SE QLD tomorrow..... Bit of a bummer about that... How come yo always find good things to do where you live just before you move to a new location???
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

Bummer! there is also the rimfire club in wallsend might have been closer for you too are well.

All the best up north mate, did you find somewhere to store the firesticks?
Muttang

Post by Muttang »

I redirected my mobile bill to my folks place. Tomorrow I will pull up my gun safe just before i leave and take the whole lot up with me. Once I am up there I will bolt it to the shed floor and head into the RTA (eq) and get my address changed- using my mobile bill as proof of residence. Once I get my licence and that changed, the firearms licence application will be sent in..... Should be in by Friday I am hopeing.... Its alot of ginning around... Plus I also have to advise NSW FAR what I am doing. :?
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

Sounds like you have it sorted, hope it all goes smoothly!
digisol

Post by digisol »

Seems the Brno is still being passed off or misunderstood as being the same rifle as the new CZ's, they are different creatures, the Brno is still a good rifle with some I’ve seen at 30+ years old and still able to punch decent holes in those damm small 50m BR targets.

It's sad to see some dealers are still passing the CZ off as being one in the same rifle as the Brno, they simply ain't, and with the same classic for-end turn down it's easy to confuse the two, until the targets are scored.

That aside it shows a fair large difference to it's preferred diet of HV ammo, have the crown squared and shaped and see what happens to your groups, as said before the standard velocity ammo between 1000 and 1100 fps should make it shoot better, and the match ammo of the same speed of virtually any brand will shrink the groups even more, and is worth the extra cost for a smaller group, and 22's are cheap even for the good stuff so it's worth the extra, Federal std velocity is popular among many shooters.

It's become a popular thing to weigh your .22 ammo, yep, each one of the suckers, I did and there is a huge difference between the rounds with some brands, and the resulting group improvement will show it, that is with all other things being close to equal, optics, B-rest, wind, etc

I long ago sat an watched a bloke who usually shot 250+ in every match with boring regularity, waiting before each shot for the wind flags to stop, it does make a difference, so do your sighting in early morning, I use a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15x50, about all I had left that week, and spending 5 grand on a 40x Leupold scope for a 22 seems just a little too much, when the 1st prize is the same as for coming last.

22's, gotta love em, great fun.
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

Welcome to the forum digisol, thanks for your input.
As I mentioned in an earlier post that I have had several brno's and CZ's I agree with what you are saying. The new CZ's shoot very well after some tuning, where the old Brno's usually shot great from the start. :wink:
andrewbron
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by andrewbron »

digisol i know what you mean about some people saying that the brno and the cz's are the same ... i was in the LGS just not long ago and i asked weather he had any brno's in stock. his reply was thes " we dont have any of THE BRNO but we have just got the cz's in, he pulled a CZ classic off the shelf and says, these are the same as the brno.."
dont know weather he said it to me because im a kid and maby i wouldnt know the difference. or he did indeed think they were the same!

oh and welcome to the forum.

Andrew