FWB 300 for sale

curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

FWB 300 for sale

Post by curan »

Hi fellas,

An FWB 300 that was at my local club is now for sale through a local gunsmith for $320.

I was sorely tempted myself, but already have my share of .177 air rifles (Hornet and FWB124), and a lack of safe room, so I'm not grabbing it (just had buying spree of 3 rifles in the last 4 months 8) )

The FWB's good, but not pristine. It shot well when I last shot it (a bit over 2 years ago) and it shot well then. Not sure what it shoots like now, but it should still do fine. The club is only quittting it to upgrade to a PCP.

http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=6752

At this price, I figured one of you other classic air rifle enthusiasts might be interested. I won't rave on about how good these were, as those of you interested will already know.

cheers, curan
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Re: FWB 300 for sale

Post by stinkitup »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just found it on usedguns and pm'd lewis the serial to see if he has any info on it. So is it competitive good or just good for plinking?

Ryan
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by curan »

Hi Stinkitup,

It was very competitive for 10m when I shot it, and I don't think it's changed.

It was scoped then, but I don't think it comes with any sights now.

Silhouette rams were always a stretch for these rifles, but you know the man who could help that out.

Honestly, I had a good hard think about it at that price, but it isn't mint enough to be a safe queen, and I already have rifles that will do the job (for both shooting and safe queen roles :lol: ), so I really don't need another. It had a sister at the club that sold internally for a bit more, but it was almost mint.

I will probably kick myself one day, but....... :roll:

cheers, curan
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

Cheers Curan

I'm not so worried about it looking mint, I have a few ducks in the safe, just not sure I will use it enough as I plink with the R9 .20 at home. That being said with time things will change and I "should" have more time to plink and even head into Newcastle and compete a little. You've answered another question re the sights as well.

Thanks
Ryan
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by curan »

G'day Stinkitup.

Yeah, all I can say is you don't see many of these for under $800 advertised, and here's one in pretty decent working order for $320.

I know this sounds like salesman talk, but all I want is to give the blokes on the forum (that understand the history of quality air rifles) the opportunity to grab a piece of history worth having. These things were the "go to" gun for the Olympics at one time, and that heritage was well earnt.

I'm not grabbing it, but I would like to think it would be picked up by someone who appreciated it for what it is.

cheers, curan.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

Thanks Curan

I will have serious think, have to sell some other gear at the moment so will organise that.

What sort of sights and cost are a set of opens? I have a scope that should do the job.

Ryan
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by curan »

stinkitup wrote: What sort of sights and cost are a set of opens?
Hi Ryan,
Sorry, but I wouldn't have a clue about the opens...... it was scoped when I shot it, as it's any sight for the SSAA 10m competion. I know they use peeps for the olympics, but that's about as far as my knowledge runs.

chees, curan
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

Thanks Curan didn't know that good to know. I have a G&R that needs a home