semi auto's

andrewk
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 222rem

semi auto's

Post by andrewk »

I must admit that airguns haven't coerced me into a purchase of one yet but there's a glimer of interest since semi auto's arrived on the scene. A cat licence only

my reason for pondering over the idea of getting one is that i have rabbits, a lot of rabbits, that don't sit still and usualy take a couple of shots to nail. distances vary but longest shots are 125m mark.

so question is to any who has one are they any good will would one suit my needs?
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Re: semi auto's

Post by stinkitup »

sounds like an auto 12 gauge would be better :lol:

The FX 's seem to have excellent rep. I think Ol55 was shooting clays with them, in the air not stationary ones with his FX.

Ryan
andrewk
7mm Rem Mag

Post by andrewk »

If only i could have an auto shotty...

The evanix bull pup looks tacticool. 2 grand though :?
chappo555
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmbr

semi auto's

Post by chappo555 »

Browning A5.

Nuff said.
andrewk
7mm Rem Mag

Post by andrewk »

Cat C... problem
uncakikki
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm08

Post by uncakikki »

The evanix range of semi's aren't bad but they use an electric motor running off a rechargeable battery to cycle the action, some of them had some issues early on but they seem to be all sorted now http://www.ausarms.com.au/links/product.php?id=10310
http://www.ausarms.com.au/links/product.php?id=10311. As they run off electrics they aren't what I'd call true semi.

Personally i like the FX Monsoon http://www.sportingguns.com.au/shop?pag ... ory_id=148 they are a true semi useing waste air to cycle the action much the same as gas operated auto loader. The only problem with them is that you will have to adjust it so the it will cycle properly if you change pellets. (The easy answer is to find a pellet the gun likes and buy stacks of them......you're gonna need em!)

125m on game with one of these is out of the question though (you won't do that with a .22lr) unless you get pretty intimate with it and even then it wouldn't be humane. In reality 70m is about as far as you would want to shoot with one assuming the rifle is accurate enough to do it and you are a good enough shot, every FX gun I have seen is generally capable of at least 1" groups at 50m if not 1/2 that. For game shooting you would want to look at .22cal, .25 has more energy but comes at the expense of a more loopy trajectory. HTH
Ol 55
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by Ol 55 »

I have a FX Revolution and I think it is brilliant you can try as many pellets as you like but you end up
using JSB jumbo exacts 18.1 gns they can shot better than I can, plinking 12 ga empties at 50 mtr is great fun set
ten up and see how fast you can knock them over with your twelve shots. Mine has performed flawlessly for the nine
months I have had it. Pest birds are almost to easy, rabbits die like the hand of god and my son shot a hare at 75 yds
that died like it was hit by a 270W. Also great for moving targets, JUST PLAIN FUN if you have the need don't hesitate.
Ol 55