FX Gladiator MkII .177

palm grove 888
Favourite Cartridge: 20BR

FX Gladiator MkII .177

Post by palm grove 888 »

I have a FX Gladiator MkII and it shoots very well. Groups progressively shrank in size over the first 1500 pellets. I ordered it from Sweden with the second regulator fitted to hopefully improve shot to shot variations and tighten up the overall groups.

Shooting over a proper bench using Power Setting III 10.34gr JSB Exact Heavy a front Caldwell rest and rear bag I have noted that sometimes I get random low shots @ 70m.

You can shoot a 5 shot group and inexplicably 2 of the 5 shots will be about 200+mm LOW touching each other with the remaining 3 shots making a clover leaf on the aiming mark.The 2 groups are in line with each other suffering only vertical dispersion. (This change in POI only occurs randomly ???)

Any ideas as to what may cause this to happen from time to time....?(Gun is fully charged before I start to shoot.) Pressure is @ 220Bar. Randomly weighing pellets there is not a great amount of variation, also I use a skirt sizer this seems to help with group consistency.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Re: FX Gladiator MkII .177

Post by Camel »

G'day mate, I know bugger all about air rifles, bloody toys if you ask me, :twisted: :stir: , just wanted to welcome you to the forum. So welcome. :D :D
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Re: FX Gladiator MkII .177

Post by curan »

Welcome Palm Grove....

First thought in my mind is the scope...you didn't mention what sort of scope or the power you are running.....

Second thought is ....... Harry? are you out there? :D

cheers, curan