SSAA National Field Target Chmpionships 2013

uncakikki
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm08

SSAA National Field Target Chmpionships 2013

Post by uncakikki »

Did the title of this thread grab everyone's attention? Good...because I'm probably going to land myself in the poo for announcing this here but as we have a pretty large air gun following I figured what the heck. B) :D

As many here may or may not be aware we have been working on getting FT up and running as a national Discipline within the SSAA for quite some time now! B)

Well the good news is it has happened, and dates are now set and confirmed, we are just ironing out a few of the finer points at the moment.

So for everyone who has been holding their breath set aside the 18th, 19th and 20th of October this year (2013) as the inaugural SSAA National Field Target Championships will be held at the SSAA Tin Can Bay Range in the Cooloola region in Queensland. I know the timing is tight but there has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes in order to make this happen. No doubt everyone will have lots of questions and I will attempt to answer them where and when I can. As mentioned we are still finalising some key points but I figured everyone may as well be aware of the dates so as to start making plans.

The basic format will be as follows:
Friday 18th October 2013 - sight in, testing and tuning with a warm up/introduction match in the afternoon.
Saturday 19th October 2013 - 2 x 30 shot Field target matches
Sunday 20th October 2013 - 2x 30 shot Field target matches

As soon as the finer points are sorted I will pass that info onto everyone. (Hopefully that will all happen this weekend). :)

As this is a SSAA National championship, anyone wishing to compete will need to provide proof of current SSAA membership.

For those who are interested in the WFTF World Championships. Next year they will be held in New Zealand. The plan at this point in time is to make New Zealand our first National Team representation in one form or another and, as SSAA National Championships, are used for SSAA team selection it would be advisable for anyone looking to attend next years WFTF championship to attend and shoot in this years Nationals. Again sorry for the short notice.

It would be remiss of me not to mention that WFTF rules stipulate the use of sub 12fpe rifles only, so if you are interested gaining selection for the team those using sub 12fpe rifles at the Nationals will most likely be considered more favourably than those who do not. That is not to say you may not be considered but there is obvious logic in this thinking. Rifles will be chronographed prior to competition commencing and may be rechecked any time during the course of competition.

Just to make it clear: You do not have to shoot a Sub 12fpe gun at this event (Nationals) but if you are looking to gain selection to next years WFTF Championships in New Zealand it will certainly be viewed in your favour.

Also be aware that guns that do excessive damage to the targets will not permitted for use! I know that is a fairly broad statement but as a rough guide 40 FPE appears to be about the limit. Sorry guys but we have to draw the line somewhere and repairing targets for weeks after the event is not something I wish to be doing.

So there it is boys see ya there.
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Re: SSAA National Field Target Chmpionships 2013

Post by daisy »

I'll be up for the Silhouette Nationals in Brisbane and then on to the Sunshine Coast to see my kids (27 & 30 yo). I hope to make it up for a look on the weekend.

Daisy
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

A very big WELL DONE to you and all concerned in the effort Chris! Its great to see major positive action in FT happening in OZ at last.
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the inaugural event as I will be on an os trip at that time.
I hope you get a great turnout for it as it has been a long time in the pipeline.
Beauty Mate! :D :D :D :D
Ray.
greyskull
Favourite Cartridge: JSB EXACT 4.52mm

Post by greyskull »

Hi Chris and all,

Just a follow up and clarification regarding the WFTF 2014 event in New Zealand.

Under the WFTF Comprehensive rules we will be including additional classes for rifles above the 12 ft/lbs energy limit. Springers and PCP's will be allowed up to 28 ft/lbs maximum. (40j)

These two extra classes will allow most .22 calibre PCP's to participate and almost all models of spring/piston powered rifles. No .25 cal or bigger bore allowed.

While these two additional classes are legally allowable within New Zealand borders, they are to be run under WFTF match rules in all other respects. They will not be eligible for the title of overall World Champion, but will still be a "class champion" award. The two additional classes come under the classification of "High Power". I repeat that these two additional classes are permitted under the WFTF rules, and we expect to see shooters from the USA and New Zealand battling it out to see which format is most applicable, either .22 cal or .177.

Good luck with your inaugural National match. Looking forward to seeing your team in 2014. Stay in touch.

(addendum:) If your National team selection criteria ends up excluding High Power rifles from the team, individual entries will likely be entertained for the Worlds event 2014.

Adam Welsh
Worlds 2014 Co-ordinator
gov.nzafta@hotmail.com
Last edited by greyskull on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uncakikki

Post by uncakikki »

Hi folks,

Please have a look here http://www.ssaa.org.au/competition-info ... ships.html for more info regarding the National championships. :D
uncakikki

Post by uncakikki »

Hi all nomination forms are here for those interested http://www.ssaa.org.au/competition-info ... l-form.pdf
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

RayG wrote:A very big WELL DONE to you and all concerned in the effort Chris! Its great to see major positive action in FT happening in OZ at last.
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the inaugural event as I will be on an os trip at that time.
I hope you get a great turnout for it as it has been a long time in the pipeline.
Beauty Mate! :D :D :D :D
Ray.
+1

I would love to come for a look, but I'm already committed to taking the missus away that weekend, and it is honestly not worth my hide to tell her I'm not taking her away! :lol: :lol:

I hope it goes well for all that can make it, and hope to read all about it later.

And a note for Chris L;
......if your hip is up to it and if you should decide you want to go, you can borrow the FWB124 no problem.......just pm me.
She is still beautiful, and still works just like I got her from you.

cheers, curan
uncakikki

Post by uncakikki »

Hi Folks,

Just a reminder that the Championships are on this weekend at Tin Can Bay. It would be nice to see a few of you in attendance :)
Yrrah
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: .25 JSB King

Post by Yrrah »

All the best for a great shoot. You have worked hard to get to this point. Some day I hope to join you for some FT lessons; I would enjoy that!
Best wishes, Harry.
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by curan »

So fellas?

How'd it all go?
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by curan »

Well? Did anyone go? :roll:

I would love to find out how it went.......
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

I don't know about numbers but results are here.

http://www.ssaa.org.au/competition-info ... ships.html
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by curan »

Thanks for that Daisy.

Did any AV members actually attend?
uncakikki

Post by uncakikki »

Hi Guys,

Sorry for not posting anything sooner, I've been pretty busy recently and haven't so much had time to spit.

To answer your question Curan. There were 2 AV members in attendance both myself and Whitey. When I get a minute or 2 I am planning on doing a bit of a write up and I'll post it.
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by curan »

Cheers Uncakikki, thanks for that and I'll look forward to the write-up.