bore sighting tools

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Re: bore sighting tools

Post by curan »

Ned Kelly wrote:G'day all,
Using a good solid setup with a rest and bags (a bipod and bag can work well too) I line up the top left corner of my target frame with the centre of the bore, then wind the cross hairs to the same corner of the target frame. I made my frame to fit 4 A4 targets taped 2 across x 2 down to the frame and aim where all 4 target corners meet in the centre means I can clearly see the first shot on paper.
Go back to the centre aim point and wind the cross hairs to the bullet hole.
You will be nearly zero'd just refine from there, it usually only takes a few shots to get a good workable zero.
Cheerio Ned
That is very close to the method I use Ned, just not as many bits of paper. It works for me too.
Ned Kelly
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6PPC

Post by Ned Kelly »

G'day Curan,
yeah I find that it's very easy to set the target frame corner to sit very, very close to the centre of the bore. Effectively you imagine a cross hair inside the bore and "fit' the target frame (or target sheet corner) into one of the lower quadrants of the imaginary cross hairs inside the bore.
You can get to be less than a few inches off from the bore view to the actual scope view at 100yds/m
Simple, effective and uses what you have on hand.
Cheerio Ned
chris.tyne
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Post by chris.tyne »

I put up two targets,one at around 25-30mtrs and another at 100,get it on at 25 and then finish on other target.