BlueBazooka.com - anyone tried them?

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
500Nitro
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Thomo wrote:I will not by a Loopy ever again, they are over priced and over hyped, had a look through a Burris fullfeild II today, compared to a VX1 of the same price il take the Burris.

Looked through some grandslams, Meopta's and Bushnell 3200 and 4200's and they seemed better than the loopys in my view, The old catch cry about loopys warranty you can stick up ya bum my mate waited 4 months top get it back and they stung him 138USD to fix his VX1 (droped from 2ft of the ground)

HTF Can they sting him if he dropped the damn thing ?

If you bought a new car, drove it and has a crash, do you expect Ford
to fix it up for free ?

So if I buy something from you and smash it, you'll replace it or repair it for free. Good to hear.

Get real.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

500Nitro it use to be Leupold Policy to fix damaged scopes (even if the user dropped it). This was apart of the reason you paid a higher premium for the scopes that is why Thomo said what he did.

There were several cases of Leupold doing this for customers clearly that is now not a Leupold policy.

In saying that I believe that was open to abuse but even with just one distributor of Leupy products Nioa don't want anything to do with warranty and it is easier to send the scope directly to the USA if you want it in a timely manner Nioa IMO are dogs and because of Nioa's & Leupolds anti-competitive tactics I am going to boycott their optics and try not to buy from Nioa.
Thomo
22-250 Remington

Post by Thomo »

[quote="500Nitro

HTF Can they sting him if he dropped the damn thing ?

If you bought a new car, drove it and has a crash, do you expect Ford
to fix it up for free ?

So if I buy something from you and smash it, you'll replace it or repair it for free. Good to hear.

Get real.[/quote]

You dont reckon a scope should be able to handle a fall from 2feet?
The outside of the scope was fine, it would no longer track.

If you are happy to have scopes that need to wrapped in cotton wool and cant take a bit of a knock then thats fine, Any Sambar hunter will tell you a scope should be able to take a few knocks and still work, His scope was 3 days old, Another mate has a loopy on his 300WM and it requires a Tap after adjusting the scope before it will move the Cross hares. I have had a loopy that would not adjust vertical straight from the box. So if you want to sit there and defend them then thats fine, I personal think if they want to make claims like no question warranties they should be prepared to back it up.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

I bought one, you know, just to have one. I think if you match the reticle and magnification to the intended use then a burris, 4200 elite, probably vortex (tho I havent tried yet I know and trust Rinso) 3200 elite, weaver grand slam and quite a few others will give you perfect service.

I think I will find it very easy to boycott Leupold and hopefully their Oz distributor.

Come on Anthony, do a deal so I cant hassle Rinso ever again (well at least about optics :lol: )
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

Thommo,

Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10 x 50
RRP $386.95
Xmas sale 1 scope only available $290

Tell you what see where you can do better than that price for scope with optics to match Leupold easily and a real commitment to customers.

cheers
Rinso

ps that scope is still available
Thomo
22-250 Remington

Post by Thomo »

Rinso wrote:Thommo,

Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10 x 50
RRP $386.95
Xmas sale 1 scope only available $290

Tell you what see where you can do better than that price for scope with optics to match Leupold easily and a real commitment to customers.

cheers
Rinso

ps that scope is still available

Is that 30mm tube or 1"?

i like the idea of a 50mm on the Sambar stick.
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

1" tube mate so its easy for rings

cheers
Rinso
Mevo2230
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: 9.3*62

Post by Mevo2230 »

I was just in Queensland and I had two rifles with me, a 204 with a VX-III and a 243 with a vortex viper.

I swapped between the two and I could only tell the difference between them because of the different reticules.

I am very happy with my vortex so far :)
jimbo
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6 PPC

Post by jimbo »

If people took that attitude Keith, then every company that worked its guts out to become successful would have to be boycotted once they got to the top. I have been around long enough to remember when you couldn't get a lot of the things we wanted in this country because nobody was interested in importing them. Sure you can import some stuff yourself, but remember that the importers have to pay GST on everything.

Personally, I am happy to support Australian companies, run by Australians, that provide jobs to Australians. Is that OK? Whether thats Nioa, Highland, Raytrade or whatever...and they are all family owned companies.

Still, tall poppy syndrome is alive and well in Australia.
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

jimbo wrote:If people took that attitude Keith, then every company that worked its guts out to become successful would have to be boycotted once they got to the top. I have been around long enough to remember when you couldn't get a lot of the things we wanted in this country because nobody was interested in importing them. Sure you can import some stuff yourself, but remember that the importers have to pay GST on everything.

Personally, I am happy to support Australian companies, run by Australians, that provide jobs to Australians. Is that OK? Whether thats Nioa, Highland, Raytrade or whatever...and they are all family owned companies.

Still, tall poppy syndrome is alive and well in Australia.
Nothing to do with tall poppy syndrome Jimbo.

The whole point of it is that Nioa inflates the prices sometimes hundreds of dollars more then what it costs to buy retail in the states (note not wholesale).
Not only that as the Australian Dollar goes up against the greenback the price of things from the US is supposed to go down but Leupold scopes are more expensive now in Aus then they were 3 years ago when our dollar was around the 55-70c mark.
So explain to me the goodness in hiking up the price of something so much and ripping off Australian shooters that much that we have to look overseas to get our equipment because NIOA are that greedy that they need to make sure things are marked up that high because they have sole distributorship on Leupold products?

If Nioa were being fair and equal why would they go to extreme efforts to lock out competition for the scopes so it increases competition and therefore Nioa would have to be more competitive?
Isn't locking out competition called anti-competitive and is anti-competitiveness illegal in this country of ours?

The whole point of shutting out competition is anti-competitive and against the law in Australia and against my best interest as a consumer.

I am not asking you to boycott them but I won't be buying another Leupold until this is different.

The reason why Leupold does this with Nioa is that they both can make more money and hold a monopoly on the product.

Sorry but I'd rather go without then be screwed over by Nioa because they are greedy.

Besides that why single me out when there are like plenty of other people here that have agreed with me?
500Nitro
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

kjd

And if you were a business that had $1 million in scopes purchased
at, let's say .80 cents to the Aus $ and the Aus $ US$ Exchange rate then
went to .94, would you change your pricing until you had got rid of the
scopes you had in stock purchased at .80 ?

And Leupold did not give exclusive to Nioa for the reasons you stated.
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

500Nitro wrote:kjd

And if you were a business that had $1 million in scopes purchased
at, let's say .80 cents to the Aus $ and the Aus $ US$ Exchange rate then
went to .94, would you change your pricing until you had got rid of the
scopes you had in stock purchased at .80 ?

And Leupold did not give exclusive to Nioa for the reasons you stated.
Leupold gave them exclusivity regardless.

Are you saying that the 1mil in stock is still hanging around and thats why the prices have gone up rather than stayed the same?
jimbo
.17 HMR

Post by jimbo »

Jethro wrote:I wounder what the ACCC would have to say about this. :shock: :o
Jethro again :wink:
The ACCC???? Yeah right!

Isn't that the mob that looks into petrol prices and can never find any evidence of price gouging or the like. Get real.
jimbo
.17 HMR

Post by jimbo »

Keith I would suggest that as site administrator, you should pay close attention when people posting start to rip the shit out of some company (no matter who it is). I would suggest that you contact Robert Nioa and discuss this matter and then perhaps you can present some FACTS, rather than the sort of misguided and misinformed comment that seems to creep into forums. Bashing the shit out of anyone that makes a quid in this country is the realm of many. Robert was good enough to join another forum and explain a few things. At least he didn't hide behind a nom-de-plume as many do and make uninformed suggestions.
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

jimbo wrote:Keith I would suggest that as site administrator, you should pay close attention when people posting start to rip the shit out of some company (no matter who it is). I would suggest that you contact Robert Nioa and discuss this matter and then perhaps you can present some FACTS, rather than the sort of misguided and misinformed comment that seems to creep into forums. Bashing the shit out of anyone that makes a quid in this country is the realm of many. Robert was good enough to join another forum and explain a few things. At least he didn't hide behind a nom-de-plume as many do and make uninformed suggestions.
Robert has been invited here several times before and is more then welcome to shed light on it too.
I have read Robert's responses to this and must say it shed little light on the situation and did not get a chance to come under scrutiny as the topic was shut.

Sure in the deal he has set up Nioa benefits immensely but I'll tell you who does not benefit from such a deal?
The Customer...

I have no problem with people making a buck in Aus providing it is in a legal and moral way which doesn't exploit its customers.

Jimbo you seem very opinionated with people hiding behind anonymity yet you never say who you are or what you do? Is there a reason for that?
What makes you so anti-consumer and pro capitalism anyway's?