Eagletac T100C2 torch - walkabout setup

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Trev
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 270wsm

Re: Eagletac T100C2 torch - walkabout setup

Post by Trev »

Fenring

Where abouts are you in Vic, maybe I could send you down a Wolfeyes and you can put them side by side and give us a review on the both.

Trev
Cammo
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .17 Hornet

Post by Cammo »

I have a Wolf-Eye 260 with a swivel red lens cover and my son has a Zeus Fox Hunter which is a 250 lumen adjustable. They are very similar in size as per the pic. The Zeus was half the price of a Wolf-Eye but has yet to be field tested. The Wolf-Eye works a treat in the field on my 17HMR.

Cammo
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .17 Hornet

Post by Cammo »

Sorry, this pic may be clearer. Still getting used to posting pics.

The Zeus Fox Hunter also came with the tale switch, battery, charger & barrel mount.
fenring

Post by fenring »

Looks like a good setup.
MAWLER

Post by MAWLER »

How much was that Zeus fox hunter kit Cammo? I notice on the Eagletac sight they have a 'weapons kit' that contains a mount and remote switch. Seems like great value at US$80 http://www.eagletac.com/flashlights/t100c2.html Has anyone seen or used said mount and switch?

Although it doesn't come with battery and charger like wolfeyes, as fenrig said in OP, they can be had for $20 from dealextreme.

Pity the eagletac store are out of stock, its birthday time for me and this falls within the budget and would get me in the game quite nicely!
landyman
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by landyman »

MAWLER wrote:
Pity the eagletac store are out of stock, its birthday time for me and this falls within the budget and would get me in the game quite nicely!
PTS flashlights.com looked after me ... he is an eagletac dealer and a sponsor on candlepowerforums.com

awesome service and super quick shipping :wink:
MAWLER

Post by MAWLER »

Thanks for the tip landyman.

Quick question for everyone re mounting of these tactical torches, are there any concerns with mounting on the barrel? I'm thinking in terms of altering the rate of vibration a barrel might produce, perhaps affecting accuracy? I don't know if this is even a real thing or not but it was about the only concern I could think of besides changing the balance of the rifle.

Cheers,
landyman
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by landyman »

MAWLER wrote:Thanks for the tip landyman.

Quick question for everyone re mounting of these tactical torches, are there any concerns with mounting on the barrel? I'm thinking in terms of altering the rate of vibration a barrel might produce, perhaps affecting accuracy? I don't know if this is even a real thing or not but it was about the only concern I could think of besides changing the balance of the rifle.

Cheers,
I asked the same question on another forum and the overwhelming response was "yes it could cause accuracy issues" .. so I mounted it off the scope..