What are your Simple and cheap camping recipes?

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

What are your Simple and cheap camping recipes?

Post by kjd »

Just after some inspiration for an upcoming trip!
BP72
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250

Re: What are your Simple and cheap camping recipes?

Post by BP72 »

Fox in a camp oven , works well and you don't have to share :shock:
LoneRider
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Post by LoneRider »

chuck a 1/4ered bunny in a pot,slow boil/simmer the damn thing till the meat starts falling off the bone,chuck in a heap of rough chopped veg and spice + garlic and leave till the spud is soft enough to eat.then stir in some corn flour until its no longer soup and your good to go.dont forget the salt. :wink:

i do it like this for nearly all my tunnel mutton stews. :D

im just a fuckin cood cook,so i can... :wink:

ps:bunny is one of those meats that will take on whatever flavour you put with it,i recommend liquid chicken stock + a cube.you wont even know it was rabbit.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

BP72 wrote:Fox in a camp oven , works well and you don't have to share :shock:
You can shove that up your arse!
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 22.250

Post by bigfellascott »

I love making my Chilli and Garlic Prawns when I go camping, simple and easy enough to make and its quick to knock up too.

Bag of frozen Prawns
some chilli chopped up
Some Garlic chopped up
Cream
Butter
Salt and Pepper

Throw some butter in a pan with the garlic and chilli and cook that off gently for a min or 2, add the prawns and cook those for a min or 2, add the cream and let that reduce down until the prawns are finished cooking, add some salt and pepper to taste, serve with rice or whatever else you think you would like to eat it with and get stuck in.

She's a great feed when out bush and something diff from the usual bangers or chops. :D
Tackleberry
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17HMR

Post by Tackleberry »

bigfellascott wrote:I love making my Chilli and Garlic Prawns when I go camping, simple and easy enough to make and its quick to knock up too.

Bag of frozen Prawns
some chilli chopped up
Some Garlic chopped up
Cream
Butter
Salt and Pepper

Throw some butter in a pan with the garlic and chilli and cook that off gently for a min or 2, add the prawns and cook those for a min or 2, add the cream and let that reduce down until the prawns are finished cooking, add some salt and pepper to taste, serve with rice or whatever else you think you would like to eat it with and get stuck in.

She's a great feed when out bush and something diff from the usual bangers or chops. :D
we need a thumbs up smilie
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag

Post by bigfellascott »

deye223 wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:I love making my Chilli and Garlic Prawns when I go camping, simple and easy enough to make and its quick to knock up too.

Bag of frozen Prawns
some chilli chopped up
Some Garlic chopped up
Cream
Butter
Salt and Pepper

we need a thumbs up smilie
She goes down a treat around the good ol camp fire I can tell ya mate as do our camp oven pizza's they are a hit with everyone (so much so I've got to order a heap of toppings etc for the great Lue AHN trip coming up. :D I think Harbs bringing his Pizza Oven to help speed up the production. :lol: :lol: and the other favourite around the campfire is the Apple Pie and Cream and the Scones too, fark me they hammer those bastards when we get em cooking (quick and the dead when we are cooking the Pizza's and scones! :lol:
Vermingone
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 243 ai

Post by Vermingone »

I run a weber with removable legs and cook all sorts of goodys roast beef and gravy rolls , ribs etc
No point in not enjoying yourselves I say
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

Yum! Hey, I hope you guys are coming to the missedathon :lol:
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag

Post by bigfellascott »

Vermingone wrote:I run a weber with removable legs and cook all sorts of goodys roast beef and gravy rolls , ribs etc
No point in not enjoying yourselves I say
Too bloody right mate, just cos ya camping don't mean you can't cook up a good feed hey. :wink:
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag

Post by bigfellascott »

Waldo wrote:Yum! Hey, I hope you guys are coming to the missedathon :lol:
Would love to but not sure if the wife can get the time off - see what happens. :wink:
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Keith I found 2 minute noodles to be simple and cheap camping recipes. Oh yeah, and if you want to get real technical, Sui-min go alright. Just add water. :P
Curtley78
Political Advisor/Activist
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm08 AI

Post by Curtley78 »

Many years ago as a young Scout in the Australian Army we never had time to cook the shit in the ration packs and so we were forced to eat it cold.

Had we of been Air Force pukes or Naval pus we would have been afforded Ala Carte Chefs, first class menus and without doubt psychologists to deal with our time away from civilisation.

There's nothing quite like the metallic taste of a B, C or D pack although since not having to now need go tactical one can now enjoy a can of Stag Chilli Beef or can of Beans cooked nice and hot on a portable butane stove top although I must confess, there's still nothing better then a meal cooked upon an old tractor plough or a fresh damper.
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

Curtley78 wrote:Many years ago as a young Scout in the Australian Army we never had time to cook the shit in the ration packs and so we were forced to eat it cold.

Had we of been Air Force pukes or Naval pus we would have been afforded Ala Carte Chefs, first class menus and without doubt psychologists to deal with our time away from civilisation.

There's nothing quite like the metallic taste of a B, C or D pack although since not having to now need go tactical one can now enjoy a can ofStag Chilli Beef or can of Beanscooked nice and hot on a portable butane stove top although I must confess, there's still nothing better then a meal cooked upon an old tractor plough or a fresh damper.
Funny, I've eaten both of those cold, straight out of the can, and actually don't mind 'em like that! :roll:
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag

Post by bigfellascott »

curan wrote:
Curtley78 wrote:Many years ago as a young Scout in the Australian Army we never had time to cook the shit in the ration packs and so we were forced to eat it cold.

There's nothing quite like the metallic taste of a B, C or D pack although since not having to now need go tactical one can now enjoy a can ofStag Chilli Beef or can of Beanscooked nice and hot on a portable butane stove top although I must confess, there's still nothing better then a meal cooked upon an old tractor plough or a fresh damper.
Funny, I've eaten both of those cold, straight out of the can, and actually don't mind 'em like that! :roll:
Just about anything tastes good when ya pissed! :lol: I must confess I don't mind most foods cold (pissed or not) :D