My Biggest Flatty So Far!

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
DC

My Biggest Flatty So Far!

Post by DC »

Went for a quick fish this arvo with me mate, and got a bit of a surprise
in the form of a 72cm Flatty in the first 5mins of getting there!

I dont often see um that big and when i do there useualy someone elses :oops:
Have to show it off!!!!
Image041.jpg

Thats me mate holding it cos hes to dumb to use my phone to take a pic of me.........
didnt beat crowbusters Flatty.... same size haha, should have a comp in the forum for all the fishermn here...
Who can catch the biggest Flatty and post a pic of him! could call it the "FLAT alogue" :lol: :lol: :lol:

There was enough off him to feed 3 people! needless to say mum and nan were happy...
I cut it up and gave to them cos im off fish for a while.... last i ate made me crook

hope yas like tha pic,
Dale.
Model70
25/06 Remington

Re: My Biggest Flatty So Far!

Post by Model70 »

Thats pretty hefty DC, where on the coast did you get him? We used to get them like that fishing in the rip just up from ettalong beach, keep one and throw the rest back as the big ones are breeders.
Wish me grandmother still had her house up there!
DC

Post by DC »

Model70 wrote:Thats pretty hefty DC, where on the coast did you get him? We used to get them like that fishing in the rip just up from ettalong beach, keep one and throw the rest back as the big ones are breeders.
Wish me grandmother still had her house up there!
I got him at Mannering park outlet on lake Mac..yer I hardly ever get um that big,
dont know the south part of the central coast to well but ive heard ettalong is nice :D

I dont like fishing down here to much.. theres a beach up north a bit I go to where you drive out on the sand for like 5kms to get to the fishing spot, very secluded, great senery, heeps of beachworms and heeps of big fish! thats my idea of fishing!

Not under a zillion volt high tention powerline haha :oops: :oops: :oops:
Its a great Flatty.. but i prolly got cancer or something now! :lol: :lol:
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

Nice Flatty DC there are some very big Flatty's in the Lake that is for sure good stuff.

Do you mean up at Stockton Beach? Haven't been for a few years but its a top spot.
DC

Post by DC »

stinkitup wrote:Nice Flatty DC there are some very big Flatty's in the Lake that is for sure good stuff.

Do you mean up at Stockton Beach? Haven't been for a few years but its a top spot.
*Edited cos read it wrong*

Na the beach im talking about is exactly 200kms from my driveway...
its called SandBar not on many maps but u can find in google map, fooking tops spot... i could
quite happily stay up there for a week just walkinng round fishing, then cooking it of a nite, but fish dont pay tha bills :cry:
also saw some kind of huge colourful bush turky or something run across the road when was driving back last, almost crashed
the car, realy amazing looking thing. up around there people havent realy raped it yet so its a very nice place alround.

Dale.
crowbuster

Post by crowbuster »

Nice flatty DC, & as you said it was gill & gill with mine. I haven't bettered that effort yet, as the fishing up this way has been woeful lately with two floods and filthy water etc. All in all a very disappointing summer.

Regards

CB
tikka
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: spud gun!!!

Post by tikka »

nice dusky mate! I usually let those big females go.