seantheaussie

usedguns Falke Modello 90

Post by seantheaussie »

Should we be salivating?
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Re: usedguns Falke Modello 90

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

seantheaussie wrote:Should we be salivating?

I like the FALKE 80 and 90 a lot and is probably my favourite tap loader.They are massively constructed and total over kill.Just look at four instead of the usual two forearm screws!
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

Hi Guys,

If we're talking tap loaders, Lewis, what do you think of the Gecardo model 50's in .177?

Are they worth rekitting with seals and the like?

I sort of like the full wood/retro look. And what other old tap loaders are worth saving?

regards, Curan.
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

curan wrote:Hi Guys,

If we're talking tap loaders, Lewis, what do you think of the Gecardo model 50's in .177?

Are they worth rekitting with seals and the like?

I sort of like the full wood/retro look. And what other old tap loaders are worth saving?

regards, Curan.
I like the look of the Gecado 50 too but they are very slow.Gecado claimed 693FPS in 177,the same as the break barrel version Model 35 but it is physically impossible.Most are in .22 and are next to impossible to get past 500FPS.
There is not much you can do economically to make them go.They run a leather piston seal and I use a beautiful Maccari spring.
I prefer FALKE 80/90 and Webley MK3.
fenring

Post by fenring »

Wow, that's not much stonk for such a big, long gun. There's an old Model 50 on the rack at the LGS - no doubt it'll be there a while... :lol:

I gather the newer 80's model 50 with the chequered pistol grip stock was an improvement?
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

fenring wrote:Wow, that's not much stonk for such a big, long gun. There's an old Model 50 on the rack at the LGS - no doubt it'll be there a while... :lol:

I gather the newer 80's model 50 with the chequered pistol grip stock was an improvement?

I had a call from someone who bought a Gecado 50 .22 because it was a fixed barrel and the shop told him 1000FPS.
Yes,I put him straight!
Most 50's are the the Model 35 type action.Later ones,the 50T01.use the Model 45 running gear.They are a bit more powerful and can do 600 in .22 with Silver Bears.
Taps are always suspect though and that's why no one uses them.